Everyone's always going on about "getting fit for Summer" but we think your body is something that you should feel motivated to look after and celebrate all year round (not just the 2 weeks of sun we get in the UK or your annual beach holiday).
So we’re turning the get fit for Summer idea on it’s head and giving you 5 reasons to get fit in Autumn!
- It’s not very hot Working out in the sweltering heat is hard. Autumn is the perfect time to get yourself to the gym/pool/class/out for a run as it’s cool enough to work out comfortably but not so cold that you want to hibernate.
- Your social life hasn’t got as much going on After a Summer of non-stop weddings, christenings, parties and barbecues, an empty calendar can be a welcome relief in the Autumn. After work drinks are also easier to turn down when you know who won’t be basking in a beer garden! It’s easier to commit to a certain number of exercise sessions a week safe in the knowledge that you won’t get FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out!)
- Life is easier to plan If you’re the proud owner of a family and children, the kids being back at school will make it easier to devote time to exercise.
- Get ahead of the January Gym Club Don’t wait for the New year to commit to a healthier lifestyle. Start now and feel extra awesome (and a tiny bit smug) as you watch the January rush.
- Because Autumn Fashion Don’t use the fading Sun as an excuse to wear as many layers as possible and not worry about what’s going on underneath. According to Grazia one of the top trends this Autumn / Winter is to “Show Some Skin”. Work it ladies.