Can't drag yourself out of bed in the morning but can't wait to get back to the sofa in the evening? What you need is a lunchtime workout!
If you only have an hour, working out at lunchtime is all about being smart with what time you have. Check out our 8 tips for working out at lunch!
1. Ask your boss for a power hour By power hour we mean ask your boss for a 90 minute lunch break in order to comfortably fit in your workout. We've created a quick 2 minute guide on the best way to do this here.
2. Be flexible If your boss isn't keen on extending your lunch hour then ask if you can start work half an hour earlier 3 times a week? That way you can take a 90 minute lunch without slacking on your workload.
3. Choose express classes These last between 30-45 minutes so are perfect for a lunchtime fix. Find venues close to your workplace to avoid travelling time. MoveGB member? Check out our pick of lunchtime workouts in Bristol!
4. Dry shampoo One for the ladies, don't waste time washing your hair, a few sprays of this and you'll look like Cheryl in a Loreal advert.
5. Pack a healthy lunch Don't waste time buying your lunch, pack a healthy one to eat at your desk when you get back. Also don't forget a good breakfast to ensure you're fuelling your workouts correctly.
6. Be prepared Pack your gym bag the night before and make sure you remember a change of undies, socks, deodrant, face wipes and the aforementioned dry shampoo. You may also find it useful to leave some heavier items in the office for you next lunchtime session.
7. Stay hydrated Drink plenty of water before, during and after your workout so you stay hydrated and revitalised for an afternoon of work.
8. HIIT When you're short of time, High Intensity Interval Training is your friend. Hitting the gym? Check out this sprint interval treadmill workout
So what are you waiting for? Get lean at lunch today!